Wednesday, February 9, 2011

10 years from now

I woke up on a sunny day. It was the middle of June on the coast of Florida where I live with my beautiful wife and 2 kids. I get out of bed and put on some shorts and a shirt. Go down to the kitchen and start cooking breakfast. Its about 7:30 am and the kids are getting ready for a summer vacation to germany with their school. the wife is still asleep due to a long day at work the other day so i decided to let her sleep. I feed the kids and then get them over to the school to leave for their trip. I drop them off say good be and head back home.... Its my wife and I's anniversary so i decided to go and get her gift since she was still asleep. She always talked about how she loved dogs and always wanted one for the house, but we never could decide on what kind to get. So i went out to the animal shelter to see what kind of dogs they have. Their was a wide variety but i decided that i was going to get her a golden retriver. I always grew up liking those kind's of dog's i remember having one myself until it got out one day and I never saw him again. His name was goldy and i thought that suited him well... So i got the golden retriever from the shelter and started to head home when i realized that it would be special if i put a ribbon on the dogs collar... so i ran to the store quickl ran inside and bought a ribbon and tied it around the dogs collar... We headed home and walked through the door. The wife was still sleeping so i figured it would be a nice time to go in and surprise her. I brought her some breakfast in bad along with the dog. I hid the dog in the closet and closed it. I woke up my wife and she sat there and ate her breakfast while we talked then when she was done she got up and looked around. She gave me a dissapointing look like i didn't give her any gifts. I told her to open up the closet and their the dog was.

No comments:

Post a Comment